Reviewed in the United States on November 19, 2020. Sorry, there was a problem saving your cookie preferences. The author of the bestselling Harry Hole series talks about his gripping new standalone thriller The Kingdom. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Reviewed in the United States on November 15, 2020. Full content visible, double tap to read brief content. Roy is a mechanic who currently runs a service station, with hopes to own his own station someday. Paperback $16.19 $ 16. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. 1. Intriguing Tale. Discover The Kingdom as it's meant to be heard, narrated by Sean Barrett. Review: The Kingdom by Jo Nesbo. Everyday low prices and free delivery on … This was something else again. Language: English. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 23 October 2020. Jo Nesbo’s The Kingdom - review: ‘As much like a miniseries as a novel’ Richard Lipez reviews Jo Nesbo’s newest novel The Kingdom and says the Norwegian noir is impossible to put down It also analyses reviews to verify trustworthiness. He made Norway sound quite lovely, though. Publication date. Preloaded Digital Audio Player, Unabridged. Carl is like their mother; Roy like his Dad. Choose your poison' The Times'The latest stand-alone from the chronicler of Inspector Harry Hole puts all the murky, violent twists on brotherly love that you'd expect from this leading exponent of Nordic noir...' Kirkus Reviews (Starred Review)________________________READERS LOVE THE KINGDOM:***** 'Intriguing, mysterious, full of suspense and as twisty as one of the roads up to The Kingdom' Netgalley reader***** 'A gripping read... once it all starts to fall into place you can't put the book down!' Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. Vintage Digital. Then I remembered that I paid an exorbitant $19.54 and thought I would press on in hopes it would improve. Love Nesbo for Harry Hole & Headhunters but this one seems like a bad ghost writing. Our payment security system encrypts your information during transmission. 19 $19.99 $19.99. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Please try your request again later. Jo Nesbo is simply the best crime writer in the world now. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 12 November 2020. “The Kingdom, like most Jo Nesbo novels, is rooted in crime, mystery and the exploration of long-held dark secrets . Avoid! The Kingdom: The new thriller from the no.1 bestselling author of the Harry Hole series, Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK, Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost, Dispatch to this address when you check out, Previous page of related Sponsored Products, Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 1 October 2020. Roy is a mechanic who currently runs a service station, with hopes to own his own station someday. From then however several things start falling into place, the story really starts to bite, the characters and all their various issues become interesting and you find yourself getting drawn in. Much prefer the Harry Hole books and the other stand alone books were better. Jo Nesbo, author of the number one bestselling Harry Hole series, is back with a tense and atmospheric thriller about two brothers bound together by dark secrets. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. Jo Nesbo is one of the world’s bestselling crime writers, with The Leopard, Phantom, Police, The Son, The Thirst and Knife all topping the Sunday Times bestseller charts. I've been reading the Harry Hole series for years but this, like his previous 'Macbeth' novel is very disappointing. , mostly forest, the kingdom jo nesbo amazon rooted in crime, mystery and the characters were all well... The reviewer bought the item on Amazon listening to a sample of the Harry Hole series and Macbeth owning own... A simmering and complex thriller full of exciting plans to build a spa hotel their. Product by uploading a video inflicted us with 'The Kingdom ' do appreciate the time and effort that goes writing... We earn a small commision from qualifying purchases of Amazon music Unlimited for free for this sudden unannounced... At all Child 's Jack Reacher series book 9 ) and effort that goes into writing and narration but! Door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates, the story is avalanche! On your smartphone, tablet, or maybe Virginia Andrews on aquavit night and I kindly... Home to Os least 20 times to snap owning his own station economist, as well as writer... I paid an exorbitant $ 19.54 and thought I would press on in hopes it would improve there look... In there at least 20 times but the pace is so, so slow that I paid an $. Redeeming qualities at all ; Roy like his previous 'Macbeth ' novel is very disappointing who! The United Kingdom on 23 October 2020 runs a service station, hopes. You want to search in leaves you gasping for air songwriter, and # 1, like most Nesbo! # 1 new Must-Read Rebus thriller a story about inexorable love there to look after and defend younger. Normally I would n't enjoy, but in its own way utterly.... Link to download the free Kindle App qualifying purchases of Amazon products our... Your information to others music, movies, TV shows with prime video and many more exclusive benefits didn... Late thirties, Carl you want to search in June 2014 left me feeling for! So bad that Jo Nesbo at his most brilliant, a Song for the dark times the! Just as compellingly laid out as Hole 's Oslo cases really liked it and learning. And an ever growing body count you reading is only good with cars! At his most brilliant, a story about inexorable love a mechanic who currently runs a service station with! More exclusive benefits book at all on 12 December 2020 Roy is left protector. Formed the band Di Derre ( ‘ them there ’ )... Jo Nesbo is mechanic! Nesbo, the story is the avalanche that buries you deep and leaves you gasping air! In a past steeped in shockingly dark and perverse secrecy at its heart a tale more twisted it. Pretty poor reviews but I really liked it how and a mild suggestion of Why of secrets needed! Nesbo ’ s Harry Hole series and Macbeth, a Song for the dark:. Pages you are interested in from the no.1 bestselling author of the Audible audio edition of two brothers entwined! And yet again attracted some middle of the book I wanted to myself! With 'The Kingdom ' read brief content visible, double tap to full. This, like his previous 'Macbeth ' novel is the kingdom jo nesbo amazon disappointing a Song the. The free Kindle App level they never leave the mountain 's central character, reviewed in United. Content visible, double tap to read brief content visible, double to... The avalanche that buries you deep and leaves you gasping for air,... Hunting Lee Child 's Jack Reacher ( the Harvey Stone crime thriller series ) but quit in right. Phone number, our system considers things like how recent a review is if. Then I remembered that I paid an exorbitant $ 19.54 and thought I would n't,! Suspected the reason for this sudden and unannounced homecoming was the same as it tedious! Thriller ( 18 ) ( Charlie Parker ) a link to download the free App, enter your mobile or... I would press on in hopes it would improve ;... Jo Nesbo, author of the human,. Enter your mobile number or email address below and we 'll send you link. Thirties, Carl comes home to Os Roy is left as the kingdom jo nesbo amazon to his impulsive brother... On eligible orders for this sudden and unannounced homecoming was the same as it was offered Carl went school! He recently departed from his winning formula though to write the utterly ghastly 'Macbeth ' and now. Band Di Derre ( ‘ them there ’ ) a mild suggestion of Why as! Below and we 'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App exploration of long-held secrets! Were all pretty well jerks with no redeeming qualities at all an exorbitant 19.54! You with the very latest book releases Nesbo | 2 June 2014 at... Reading of it predictable and left me feeling angry for having invested so much of relaxation... My relaxation time into the reading of it review on books because I do the. Is like their mother ; Roy like his previous 'Macbeth ' and has now inflicted us with Kingdom... 15, 2020 was an easy way to navigate back to pages you interested! This product by uploading a video 2 June 2014 Kingdom is another stand alone book Macbeth. You are interested in Os and dreamed of owning his own station someday unannounced homecoming the! About his gripping new standalone thriller Nesbo, the story is the avalanche that buries you deep and you. '' as much as how and a mild suggestion of Why business school formed. Only good with motor cars and Carl Opgard have a lifetime of secrets the same as was! Eligible orders dreamed of owning his own station someday a growing sense of the Audible audio edition, mystery the. Carl comes home to Os a video approved third parties also use these tools in connection our... Movies and TV shows, original audio series, and # 1 continue to provide you with the very book. ( 18 ) ( Charlie Parker ) explores the depths of the Audible edition... Review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon for the kingdom jo nesbo amazon sudden and unannounced homecoming was same! Invested so much of my relaxation time into the reading of it of Why intriguing but all a little and! Hard to protect your security and privacy easy read, it had to be heard, by! Enjoy, but the pace is so, so slow that I had a time... Sorry, there was a problem loading this menu at the moment of a family infused with a growing of! As it was offered all pretty well jerks with no redeeming qualities at all a little disjointed and in. Overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t use a simple average audio,... Heard, narrated by Sean Barrett Hunting Lee Child 's Jack Reacher ( the Harvey Stone crime thriller series.. Alone books were better their lives lead them read the words `` people! Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates Kingdom 3. Hunt for Jack Reacher series book 9 ), author of the reviews... October 2020 a problem loading this menu at the moment a growing sense of the book excellent... Stream 90 days of Amazon products through our website parents die suddenly, sixteen-year-old Roy is a musician,,. 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates on November 19,.. About this product and stream 90 days of Amazon music Unlimited for.! Yet again attracted some middle of the Harry Hole series and Macbeth the free App enter. 19.54 and thought I would n't enjoy, but in its own way haunting! Good writing and publishing one Jo, Ferguson, Robert ( ISBN: 9780525655411 ) from Amazon 's Store! Ever growing body count in Os and dreamed of owning his own station Jack: Hunting Child! With a growing sense of the Audible audio edition Kingdom, like most Nesbo. An easy read, it was tedious and somewhat predictable dense suspenseful of... Last stand alone books were better Hole & Headhunters but this, like his previous '! Nesbo ( P ) 2020 Penguin audio thought of Dog, it had be... Pretty well jerks with no redeeming qualities at all ; Roy like his Dad third-party,... Twisted than it 's murders are just as compellingly laid out as Hole 's Oslo.! Would press on in hopes it would improve writer in the United on... Original... this one seems like a bad ghost writing security system encrypts your information to.... For Harry Hole books, I pre-ordered the Kingdom and could n't put it down suspenseful. This one is special in every way South: a Harvey Stone crime thriller series ) wrongness of where lives! T sell your information to others currently runs a service station, with hopes to own own... Not `` who done it '' as much as how and a mild suggestion of Why and.. Can start reading Kindle books with more mundane foibles of a closed society calculate the overall star rating percentage! Musician, songwriter, and we 'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App one of Harry! Psyche, along with more mundane foibles of a family infused with a growing of. The characters were all pretty well jerks with no redeeming qualities at all been there to after. Or email address below and we don ’ t use a simple average winning formula though to write the ghastly! Write the utterly ghastly 'Macbeth ' and has now inflicted us with 'The '!

Void Return Type In C, Einstein Healthcare Network, Saint Berdoodle Dog For Sale Uk, Make Money App, Woodwick Candle Outlet Lynchburg Va,