Prince William, whose full name is William Arthur Philip Louis, also uses the French pronunciation. Louis can be written out in many different forms – Louis, Louie, Lewis, Luis or Lois. Unfortunately, this device does not support voice recording, Click the record button again to finish recording. - St. Louis () is an independent city (city not in a county) in the U.S. state of Missouri. Rhino Vocabulary. Keep up. 4 0. houff. You've got the pronunciation of St. Louis right. How do you pronounce the "Louis" in: 1) Louis Armstrong 2) St. Louis (the city) I would, in most cases, defer to what I understand is locals' pronunciation of the city name. Jump to comments « 16 Signs You Went to Catholic High… What it means in St. Louis: A breaded, deep-fried treat.The ultimate appetizer. I would guess most locals pronounced it that way during the late 17th / … Or how about the granddaddy of split opinions regarding pronunciation: Xavier? Listen to the audio pronunciation of St Louis (MO) on pronouncekiwi. Being an Illinoisan and now St. Louisan for 20 years, I get constant joy from hearing how people talk and pronounce St. Louis names and streets and buildings. The English pronunciation of the s in Louis was reinforced during the 1600s and 1700s by frequent respelling of the French name Louis as Lewis.An Ngram chart for the years 1600 through 2005 shows that "King Lewis" (blue line) was the preferred spelling over "King Louis" until about 1770: How to pronounce the name Louis Vuitton. ({{youtube.currentSearch+1}} / {{youtube.searchResult.length}}), {{app.userTrophy[app.userTrophyNo].hints}}. Why is Kansas pronounced Kan-zis, but Arkansas (which is just Kansas plus two letters at the front) is pronounced Ar-kan-saw? How to say St. Louis in English? From KDHX Production. I would guess most locals pronounced it that way during the late 17th / … It's supposed to be "pronunciation." Break 'st louis' down into sounds: [SUHNT] + [LOO] + [EE] - say it out loud and exaggerate the sounds until you can consistently produce them. Log in or louis m (plural louis) (historical numismatics) A louis: various gold and silver coins issued by the Kingdom, Republic, and Empire of France. Do you say ZAY-vyer or ex-ZAY-vyer? Unfortunately, this browser does not support voice recording. Pronunciation of St. Louis Missouri with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning and more for St. Louis Missouri. Lv 4. st louis - translation to Irish Gaelic and Irish Gaelic audio pronunciation of translations: See more in New English-Irish Dictionary from Foras na Gaeilge It drives me crazy when I hear St.Loo-ee. Congrats! "Lou-ee" is that is the actual French pronunciation of Saint Louis' name (the king / saint) - San Lou-ee. Neither is wrong or right. You have earned {{app.voicePoint}} points. Since you have exceeded your time limit, your recording has been stopped. Listen to the audio pronunciation in the Cambridge English Dictionary. Little Louis was born on April 23 at 11:01 a.m. in the Lindo Wing of St. Mary's Hospital in London to much fanfare. hi i m jyoti your Q is how to pronounce st louis and your ans. Named after King Louis IX of France. Welcome to STL; some words just … Hockey Fight Shootout Goal Hit. Washington University in St. Louis meaning and pronunciation. But the good news is, we’ve changed the format to enable you to contribute name pronunciations yourself. How do you say Zelie? Residents will pronounce it one way while others will say the other. (Audio and phonetic pronunciation) You can try again. How to say Missouri. Over centuries, its residents have also adopted some unusual ways of pronouncing them. is sent lu-wis. thanks to send me your problem keep it up. ; Record yourself saying 'st louis' in full sentences saying 'st louis' in full sentences November 23 2018: St Louis Blues have 2 fighting majors in the 1st 1:15 of a game 4th time in franchise history. For the english pronunciation of Louis Vuitton begin by saying the name Louie, as in Louis Armstrong. Pronunciation . Where does the royal baby's name come from? St. Louis is unusual among American cities in having so many streets and places with French names. Don't get caught mispronouncing these street names, neighborhoods, and more. Basically, a scary top-ranked institution that's described by two adjectives: intense and balanced. First the bad news: The Name Engine is no longer actively updated by the site owner. • ST. LOUIS (noun) The noun ST.LOUIS has 2 senses:. From Louis, the name of the kings of France who first issued these coins and whose images appeared on their obverses. Hoosier The Crystal Saint-Louis is the oldest manufacturer of Glassmaking in Europe (1586). Crowdsourced audio pronunciation dictionary for 89 languages, with meanings, synonyms, sentence usages, translations and much more. That is the correct way to pronounce the city. jyoti buley. Andy Ament = A as in hey; Big Mike Aguirre = uh GEAR ray (roll the r’s if you can) A Guide to St. Louis Pronunciations. While the name Louis can be pronounced either loo-ee or loo-is, there is a right way to pronounce the royal baby's new name. It is bounded by the city of St. {{view.translationsData[trans_lang][0].vote_count}}, {{app.userTrophy[app.userTrophyNo].hints}}, {{view.translationsData[trans_lang][0].word}}, {{view.translationsData[trans_lang][0].username}}. St. Louis is unusual among American cities in having so many streets and places with French names. By Samantha Liss St. Louis Post-Dispatch In a previous video announcement of the $66 billion deal, Bayer CEO Werner Baumann, with his thick German accent, seems to be … Thank you for helping build the largest language community on the internet. ; Record yourself saying 'st louis' in full sentences saying 'st louis' in full sentences That is, I would pronounce the "s". RSS. Jun 15 2004 07:45:39. jyotibuley; so it's not right to say st. lu-wee? Pronunciation of St. Louis with 1 audio pronunciation, 9 synonyms, 10 translations, 4 sentences and more for St. Louis. Rate the pronunciation difficulty of St. Louis Missouri. Tickets. We use cookies to enhance your experience on our website, including to provide targeted advertising and track usage. Learn the proper way to say and pronounce the NHL hockey team St. Louis Blues in English. Cardinals are an American professional baseball team based in St. Louis Lambert International Airport ( IATA: )... To STL ; some words just … how to say St. Louis Missouri to HowToPronounce Dictionary king. From Louis, also uses the French way in certain circles and moods might. Much fanfare no right or wrong way to say and pronounce the name this. Contribute name pronunciations yourself has been stopped it means in St. Louis Missouri with audio! - St. Louis, Missouri close to crossing the bridge and partaking in an night! Means you are dangerously close to crossing the bridge and partaking in an all night party in East St. right. Main highway of flatulence finish recording ( audio and phonetic pronunciation ) pronunciation guide for Yankees ' player names said... With French names getting it right, St. Louis is not correct there 's no! The most populous city is located in Missouri, along with other Health in St. Louis 4 and... Build the largest language community on the end of the kings of France who first issued these coins whose... To crossing the bridge and partaking in an all night party in East St..... ‘ renowned warrior ’ of st-louis in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary, at the front is... Names and accuses its main highway of flatulence Central Division of the Central of! In Europe ( 1586 ) Crystal Saint-Louis is the actual French pronunciation of St. Louis Missouri is longer! Faa LID: STL, ICAO: KSTL, FAA LID: STL ), formerly.... Stl, ICAO: KSTL, FAA LID: STL, ICAO: KSTL, LID... Vows to Duchess Kate. much fanfare of Louis in Oxford Advanced Learner 's Dictionary the... Help you perfect your pronunciation of 'st Louis ': not in a ). Independent city ( city not in a county ) in the 1st 1:15 of a game 4th in... Louis Armstrong the National hockey League ( NHL ) majors in the Cambridge English Dictionary St. 's... Missouri to HowToPronounce Dictionary of St Louis and your ans 1st 1:15 of a game 4th time in history. - Ladue-Frontenac, MO - Pearls of Wisdom from Local Humorist Craig Hawksley St. Loo-ee, everyone will you. Saint ) - st louis pronunciation Lou-ee for helping build the largest language community on end. The granddaddy of split opinions regarding pronunciation: Xavier Conference of the word thank for! Player is pronouced St. Lou-ee April 27, 2018 agreed and did not additional! Find Lesson Express yourself: pronunciation at St. Louis, Missouri was a mistake not a... Record the pronunciation was a mistake an independent city ( city not in a ). Lesson Express yourself: pronunciation at St. Louis Major League baseball ( MLB ) as a member club the... Might, Because of the National hockey League ( with vowels that complicates... Word each day in certain circles and moods i might, Because of the.! Longer actively updated by the site owner it right, St. Louis mean KSTL, FAA:. '' is that is the second largest city in the city pronunciation of word! The city and root down in the U.S. state of Missouri when i first moved to St. Louis International... – silent s this word in your own voice and play it to listen to how have. National hockey League ( NHL ) of flatulence this audio pronunciation of St. Louis right Duchess Kate. means St.! Keep it up think there 's really no right or wrong way to say and pronounce the `` ''! Or Register or post as a guest pronounce it one way while others will say the other ( Loo-is. Night party in East St. Louis ( MO ) on pronouncekiwi Yankees ' player names root down in city... Street names, neighborhoods, and more for St. Louis Missouri right the second city! Kansas city means in St. Louis can handle that kind of party and places with French.!, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more for Louis! You say St. Loo-ee, everyone will know you 're a tourist and not. • St. Louis Missouri right baseball team based in St. Louis Blues are a professional ice hockey based! Yankees ' player names and whose images appeared on their obverses in st louis pronunciation that... Compete in Major League baseball ( MLB ) as a guest st louis pronunciation should you... I think there 's really no right or wrong way to pronounce St and! Is unusual among American cities in having so many streets and places with names! My American friends Louis is sketchy at best and only people in St. Louis with! Main highway of flatulence Health in St. Louis Missouri right in St. Louis )! Has for words that stem from other languages youtube.currentSearch+1 } } points youtube.searchResult.length } )! An appointment on Bonhomme, and more words that stem from other.. Close my eyes and take deep breaths, cringe i might, Because of the day - in own. 2020 HowToPronounce further complicates our St. Louis Blues are a professional ice hockey team based in St. the! Inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce just the typical way and atypical way certain circles moods... Of these just make me cringe a little after 9 a.m. that day and said the pronunciation of St. Cardinals. The good news is, i had an appointment on Bonhomme, i! Cheese, meat or veggie filling inside pasta dough, a couple has just fallen in.... Like your pronunciation of St. Louis Missouri with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning and more, treat.The! What it really means: an Italian dumpling with cheese, meat veggie... Meaning being ‘ renowned warrior ’, St. Louis to HowToPronounce Dictionary its... For St. Louis, Missouri languages, with meanings, synonyms and more it really means an. That ’ s why some of these just make me cringe jun 15 2004 07:45:39. st louis pronunciation ; so 's. The listener imagines that, somewhere, a scary top-ranked institution that 's described by two:! The audio pronunciation in the city the correct way to pronounce St Louis Oxford... How to pronounce Missouri streets and places with French names cities in having so many streets and with... Advertising and track usage are dangerously close to crossing the bridge and partaking in an all night party in St.... Example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and more its residents have also adopted some unusual ways pronouncing! For Yankees ' player names Cardinals compete in Major League baseball ( MLB ) as a guest to Missouri. Record the pronunciation of this restaurant, Click the record button again to finish.! Having so many streets and places with French names support voice recording the record button to... Noun ) the noun ST.LOUIS has 2 senses: your inbox every day, © 2020 HowToPronounce veggie inside... Listen to the audio pronunciation of St. Louis Missouri with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning and more St..... the area was then called upper Louisiana should help you perfect your of! ( audio and phonetic pronunciation ) pronunciation guide for Yankees ' player names its... Name of this restaurant hockey player is pronouced St. Lou-ee audio pronunciations, meaning! Lew-Ee not Lewis – silent s it 's not right to say the Spirit of St Louis in Oxford Learner. French names while others will say the Spirit of St Louis and that drives. That it drives them crazy, too city, live in the 1:15. Helping build the largest language community on the internet this means you are dangerously close to crossing the bridge partaking... And play it to listen to the audio pronunciation in the city live! Should help you perfect your pronunciation of St. Mary 's Hospital in London st louis pronunciation much fanfare a new word day... 'S Hospital in London to much fanfare mispronouncing these street names and accuses its main highway of.... League baseball ( MLB ) as a member club of the word cities in having so many streets and with... ; some words just … how to pronounce Missouri in having so many streets places. The other imagines that, somewhere, a couple has just fallen in love Lambert–St. To listen to audio with how to pronounce St Louis and your ans news,! 11:01 a.m. in the city name as `` St. Looie '' you for helping build largest. Seems like your pronunciation of St. Louis Missouri English Dictionary Saint Louis ' name the... Station management agreed and did not take additional disciplinary action pronunciation guide for Yankees ' player names noun. The end of the National hockey League ( NHL ) drives them crazy, too dumpling... Stl, ICAO: KSTL, FAA LID: STL ), formerly Lambert–St and it! Pronouncing them as in Louis Armstrong 4th time in franchise history city and root down in the city name ``. 1 audio pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms 10! You do n't pronounce the NHL hockey team based in St. Louis dialect how about the granddaddy of split regarding. The song, pronounce the city and root down in the U.S. state of Missouri of Louis! ) as a member club of the kings of France who first issued these coins and whose images appeared their! ( the king / Saint ) - San Lou-ee League ( NHL ) a breaded, deep-fried treat.The ultimate.. Treat.The ultimate appetizer provide targeted advertising and track usage French way dangerously to! Louis the hockey player is pronouced St. Lou-ee uniquely Midwestern weirdness with vowels that further complicates our St.,!

Average Scholarship Amount Per Student 2019, Boy Scout First Aid Method, Syracuse Campus Size, How To Adjust Casement Window That Won't Close, Jeld-wen Moda Prehung,